Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Past month happenings

Hard to believe our road trip to San Diego was over a month ago! Meeting Alicia and family lit a match under my proverbial genealogy energy bar:)
Went to the NHCC Gen Library with intentions of looking at baptismal records for several people including Tio Tomas's. He was born Oct 1887 and was always saying , "Pobrecita mi hermanita Tomasita se murio'." Tomas was the shortest at 5'4" of my Grandpa's brothers. We've speculated on whether he and Tomasita may have been twins. No one left alive can remember if that is part of our history. Plus, according to the newspaper article when my g-grandfather died he left behind 7 children and a wife.. All anyone knew or heard about was 6 children. Mystery. Anyway, back to the National Hispanic Cultural Center's library. I pulled the Index of church records plus the years before and after to research Tomas baptismal record. I looked until my eyes could hardly focus. But no matter how much I looked the church records ended Jul 1887 and resumed Jan 1890. I asked the volunteer if she would help me look and she had to get the Librarian because she, the volunteer, had only been there a couple of months. In comes the head person, I repeated the problem and the first words out of her mouth were, "Well you must be wrong." ???? You know when all these comebacks rush to the front of your brain and almost make it out of your mouth? Thank God I didn't utter a word. She couldn't find them either:) I left. No worse for wear but I will go back and spend time trying to solve the mystery.

In an effort to downsize I continue to wallow through my stuff for the yard sale next weekend. Feels like I'm moving again. Some of the things I'm having a hard time letting go of are books. I have given away thousands of books over the years and currently read mostly on my Kindle, but......hard to let go of some of my old buddies. The cookbooks will be the first to go. Probably;) Lots of cooking utensils, some of which were my Mom's, dust collectors, clothes, etc, etc, etc.
Hopefully will make a little mad money;)

Went to the matinee to see Mad Max Fury Road with my daughter and her friend Judi. The movie was action packed. Charlize Theron played a strong role as Furiosa. Max left something to be desired. Max wasn't the star of this show.
After the movie my sis met us at Tucanos Brazilian Grill for a lunch meat fest. They come around with skewers of meat, meat, meat, chicken, grilled pineapple, and veggies. It seems like the servers are only cutting a "taste sized portion" of meat, but "seems" is a poor description of how full I was after that meal. That's on top of a very good hot and cold food bar. The lobster bisque was pretty good. Then we ordered dessert! Full, full, full. Didn't eat until the next day! This was my first visit and not my last. Check it out here if you're planning to visit or live in Albuquerque: https://www.tucanos.com/

Had lunch with cousin Veronica. I was craving a hamburger so we wnet to Blakes. We talked forever then 
to the neighborhood where we grew up. Saw some of the people who still live there and met a new
guy that had all the latest updates. And a good time was had by all:)

Last entry I wrote about emailing the ex to get my fishing gear. Whoa!!! Haven't felt that kind of hatred 
since I was a kid and my mother told me she despised my father. Such intensity!
Anyway, I didn't get my gear and probably never will. Guess I'll buy new stuff and enjoy my fishing trip:) Have you ever been the object of intense hate? Hate so intense that it comes over the internet 
and leaves no doubt that your image may produce a mad ranting to become a very real threat?
Delusional to say the least. But thank God for printers, lawyers and court documents. 


Oh no! Just realized I left my FB open for more than 24 hours!!

God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment