Sunday, April 16, 2023

Where has the time gone?

 It's been 2 years since I have wanted to blog. 

During the past 2 years I vacationed in Ireland over Easter 2019. Got a great travel deal, so off I flew to visit the Emerald Isle. Should have read up on the Easter Rising of 1916 when Ireland fought for their freedom from British rule. Lots of info on the web about it. I really would like to go back when this pandemic has run it's course.

Sadly I was unaware of the rich, rich history of that tiny island, but I learned.  Anyway, we had a very short, almost didn't happen because of a bomb scare, layover in London before continuing on to Dublin. My taxi driver was a very handsome and informative person;) He told me to watch for pick-pockets. Hmm? He wasn't the only one to tell me that. 

I asked my cousin JG if she wanted to go with me, but she couldn't. JG said to send a postcard as soon as I could. Sent her one of 2 donkeys looking over a rock fence that said "wish you were here" 😁😁 I have no problem traveling alone because I don't have to follow anyone's schedule.

While posting my cousins postcard I found out that under the PO was a museum dedicated to the Easter Rebellion of 1916. I spent 3 hours in there. Amazing place to visit. I stopped for tea and scones on my way back to my hotel. Of course I also had to stop for a sandwich and a bottle of wine to eat in the room, My room was very comfortable. The hotel gave all customers a chocolate Easter box. Yummy. Mine lasted 3 days😋 The trip included breakfast , and boy, do the Irish make good breakfast. They, of course. have yummy white blood sausage. I don't really want to know how it's made.

The Book of Kells is something everybody that visits Ireland should see. Magnificent. Of course the internet offers many more views than I was able to see standing right in front of it. I should have extended my trip to spend more time at Trinity Collège absorbing more history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment