Sunday, April 16, 2023

Where has the time gone Part 2

 I just posted a 2+ year blog. Since then I have survived the Covid pandemic, 3 moves, some minor irritations, and huge blessings.

Let's start with the blessings:

Thank God: for the ability to block people on streaming media and cell phones.

                    my family, my health, my family's health.

                    fresh vegetables. Yay! Brussel sprouts, asparagus, carrots...the list goes on.

                    the 1st hummingbird at my feeder this morning.

                    banana, date and black walnut bread straight from the oven, also today:)

                    Being able to think about my youngest son's birthday 4/17/1973 without the soul crushing                             ache of previous years. 

                    affordable calla lilies and orchids.

                    reliable transportation

                    yummy trout

                    new washer/dryer

My daughter bought me a recliner as an early Mother's Day present. It's so comfy that I've slept a few nights in it. I usually wake up with hook and yarn, or a kindle in my hands. Terrible habit. Haven't spilled any wine yet:)

I was just getting ready to book a farm-to-table vacation in Italy when the country was closed to travelers due to Covid.  Glad I didn't hit the "Confirm" button. Some of my family members contracted covid over the pandemic era of the last 3 years. Gladly all survived. Of the many tests I've had to take for work all have been negative. PTL 

I'm going to stick to the continental USA for a while. Book foodie trips. I do want to spend 3 days in NYC to see the Statute of Liberty, eat in an old deli (sans the rats) and visit a yarn shop in the Bronx.  Maybe I'll venture out of country next year. Maybe not. 

Las fall my sister and I went on a whirlwind trip to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe. It was fun. Hilton has terrible coffee. Thankfully McDonald's had Americano. Good coffee at a fraction of Starbuck's. I have the travel bug biting!

I recently bought an Ancestry DNA test for my cousin Veronica. Her sample is at the extraction phase with a May 3rd completion date. Hope it yields useful info.

My 1st ex-husband died on Mar 1 of this year. We divorced Jul 1987. A full year after he started an affair with the woman he lived with at his death. Unfortunately our children were not listed in the obituary and his death certificate states :never married". I'm going to correct that. 

My hair is very long again. I tried to French braid it like I used to but I'm not as limber as in days gone by. Half tempted to cut it short and do a pink spike-y thing. That would last about 2 days😕

Time to take the bread out of the oven and fold some laundry.

Thank you Lord for the rain and snow which has given our land a much needed drink,

Stay safe😷

No comments:

Post a Comment