Monday, October 2, 2017

CONSENSUS II


Wow! It's been 10 months since my last blog. Life is busy. I like being busy.

Still down sizing stuff. You know the old adage: if it has no value than to collect dust just give it away.

Elaine and I have made huge discoveries on our ancestors. I also joined LAS VILLAS DEL NORTE, a group started by Moises Garza in Texas. Another eye-opener. More later.
I finished and passed Spanish II. Spanish class is a good place to meet people that have traveled all over Europe and also have great tips. I'm still hoping to go in about a year, thinking transatlantic cruise to Spain or Portugal, stay one month, and cruise back to the good ole USA. Bought a bottle of  table wine made in Portugal. It's 19.5 proof! Yikes! Only sips for sure.

Dropped Navajo after 3 classes. It's definitely is an immersion type of thing. I was still trying to "get a grasp" around the punctuation. Maybe next year.

`So after I finished Spanish class my TV died. Yep. Deader than a useless circuit board. Took it to the dump. Was looking at all kinds of boob tubes. What a pain! Then remembered Amazon's Prime Day was coming up. So I started looking at TVs on Amazon. Found a FIRE 4k UHD at a price way out of my league. But.....since Prime Day was coming up I was able to buy it at a price more in line with my budget..

Then I got a wild hair and decided to take another class. But one with  "some meat". So I registered for Medical and Billing classes. Whew!Just started my fourth class, and final will be  in mid-Oct. First class started mid-May and ran though June 15. The national certification in Nov. I should do okay and ,if not, I get a redo at no cost.

Silly me. On the evening after my first final. I booked the only non-stop flight to Sacramento leaving Albuquerque at 6:00 AM. Missed my flight but was able to get a seat on the 8:30 one. Only one hour layover in Las Vegas. But had a great and exhausting visit with my cousins. Love those CA peoples:)💝

My goal, (did someone say GOAL?) is to get a job, save for about a year and spend a month in Spain and Portugal. God willing. At this point there might not even be a world in a year. Keep praying for cooler heads to prevail.

Is it me? Or does anyone like being addressed as "dear" over the phone? At least in person you can give a person the stink eye. Or at the very least pat them on the arm and say something like "It's okay sweetie"😉

Thank You Lord for the much needed rain in NM. Praying for all those affected by natural disasters.

Next: The Murderer among Us

No comments:

Post a Comment