Sunday, September 17, 2017

Consensus

Noun1.consensus - agreement in the judgment or opinion reached by a group as a whole; "the lack of consensusreflected differences in theoretical positions"; "those rights and obligations are based on an unstated consensus"
accordagreement - harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters; "the two parties were in 
agreement"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.

Wow!! It has been a long and grueling time in our history as a nation. More specifically with the president elect of the United States of America. There appears to be very little in the way of 'consensus', no?
Citizen turned against citizen for a mere matter of who some of us chose to vote 'against' instead of 'for'. Talk about hate speech. Riots, violent demonstrations reminiscent of how Hitler slowly but surely spread nazism across Germany and surrounding countries! But not so slowly once the "ball was rolling" . What next?!  I would like to think that our citizenry is way too smart to be caught up in this kind of narrow mindedness. Where are the critical thinking caps?!
Yes, I voted for Trump and against H(K)illary. Voting for him does not mean I am for Putin. Talk about a quantum leap. Assumptions to say the least. GIVE IT A REST PEOPLE! We are in far greater risk of attack from terrorists and need to focus ourselves on protecting our nation instead of causing more turmoil within.
While thinking about all the 
That being said...... and after the vocabulary words I had to relearn to state my opinion,  I love blogging😁

I am taking Spanish II and Basic Navajo offered by UNM's continued education off campus. Ironically at Garfield junior high school where I was a student a looooonnng time ago. Welcome back Kotter. 
Was going through the first 4 chapters of the Spanish text Dos Mundos and was more than a little surprised at how much I've forgot. As a teenager I took Spanish I, II and III at Garfield and Valley High as easy credits. Now.....not so easy. I'm going to have to join groups for both classes in order to practice language skills. There goes my social life😉 Or, maybe that will be my social life, More on that later. I am looking forward to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment