Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Catching up;)

Yay!! My Medicare coverage starts 11/1/2016. Welcome to 65 y/o! I was having trouble getting on the Social Security website with all those "new security measures." Because as we all know----Killary's home email is the "ONLY" secure one in the world. Sure. Maybe I should have gone to her government provided house and asked to use her computer. Hmm?! Anyway, I have received more information from gap insurance companies than from SSA.gov. More on that later.

So much has happened since my last blog.

Ancestry wise:

 My g-grandfather Climaco Torres was from Seboyeta(Cebollita), NM and my g-grandmother Maria Nieves Chaves was from Cubero, NM as stated on their marriage license in 1890. Grandma Deluvina Torres, Grandpa Julian Garcia's wife, is their 1st and only daughter. I'd been wanting to travel to these small towns since Feb. But something always got in the way. Cyn, Elaine(2 cousins) and I finally were able to go. Talk about a WOW day!! In Cubero and by chance(?) we stopped at their local gas/grocery/liquor store that also houses a small government office. Met an 89 y/o man that everyone there declared him to be the local historian. And he was.  A 79 y/o man had a handle on the local politics and was on his way to Santa Fe but stayed and spoke with us. So much info. A woman there is documenting all the headstones in the cemetery. She has since called and told me she found my ggg father's grave marker. Hope to go back there soon to visit.

A short drive up the hill to Seboyeta to see if Prima Juanita's house was still there. Unfortunately the house has been demolished. But----we met two ladies who are lifelong residents and they spoke at length with us about the town. There's a shrine to Our Lady of Sorrows that we would periodically visit when I was much younger. My mother called it "La Cueva de las Golondrinas" because hundreds of these swallows  nesting in and around this natural cave could almost make you deaf from their chirping. Cyn and Elaine had never been there so we drove the short distance up the hills. I was amazed that the stream was just a trickle and all the nests were empty. The statues and pews are in amazingly good repair. We then traipsed around the cemetery but didn't find any ancestral names on markers.
   This trip was definitely God's timing because the three of us have obligations, and this was the only day we were able to be gone for a whole day!!! Thank you Lord^0^

Uncle Eddie's DNA results finally came to fruition after 2 tries. I needed his DNA results to 1-prove, or not, the story that Grandma Deluvina was full blooded Native American and 2--for a direct line y chromosome descendent.of my 4x great grandfather. No on 1 and YES on 2. So many Hints to research. Love it.

So many July birthdays to keep up with. Jackie 7/4, David 7/7, Char 7/20(we had dinner at AppleBee's) and many more. Now we also have a bunch of August birthdays! August 4 is Bren, Elaine, Aileen and Antoinette!! Tonight We celebrated Bren's at Yanni's. Yummy.

I started de-cluttering again since I need more space for genealogy stuff. While going through boxes and other containers of pictures I found some classics;) I was SO surprised to find cards and letters from co-workers who had moved out of NM dating back to 1980 in an old hatbox!! Some names were so foreign until I scanned the writings and comments. Then Aha moments;) Talk about a walk down memory lane:))
I've been carrying this box around for 36 years!! Had to remind myself, "Self. You are supposed to de-clutter. Remember?" Of course. So all those memorials went into the recycle bin. Not the hatbox though. I may need it:)
  I used to collect hatboxes for some strange reason, Then collected clowns, then a jungle of houseplants, then kachinas, then woven baskets, then pottery. Whew! And always pictures.

Vehicle wise:

Had to shell out 1695.00+ to replace refrigeration system in my car.  Much needed this time of year. I almost had sun stroke from heat while running errands.

Dental wise:

My new "lifelike" looking partial was 1800.00.

Potpourri:

Was anybody glued to the tube either during the RNC and/or  DNC Punch and Judy show? I watched a couple of highlights. Terribly disappointed. Best part was when Bill Clinton fell asleep during one of Hillary's speeches. I rented a movie from RedBox "Miracles from Heaven". A great tearjerker. Well worth the miniscule cost to watch something else..
Pray for our country

Well. It's 3:00 AM and my zolpidem is finally kicking in Goodnight All.

God is good!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment