Monday, August 3, 2015

Who would have thought?

Just realized that today is August 3, 2015!!! Where has the time gone?

July was a great month. I got some new fishing gear, but the monsoon rains have been too bad for me to get to my favorite spots. Thank You Lord for the water to our dry state. I'll probably end up at Isleta Lakes:( At least the catfish derby has started. Hmm. Money at the end of my line?

Is it safe to go back in the water? Landshark;)

But..............

July was always a big birthday month for my family. My Grandpa, oldest aunt, mother, sister and several cousins were born in July. Dave's bd, too.
For my Sister's birthday we had dinner at Outback. Actually the Friday before. Just before I was due to leave my place for Outback I heard water dripping in my bathroom. WHAT? Rush to see what the problem was and saw that there was hot water gushing from the drain! It smelled like bleach. Grabbed my cell to call maintenance, threw down towels, rugs and bathrobes to contain the water. Thank God the maintenance man got here quickly. He had to run up to the apartment above me to tell that tenant to turn the water off. The tenant had decided to "clean" his sink and left he hot water running. Who does that? Apparently he dislodged a clog that lodged in the wall plumbing behind my bathroom sink! Long story short: I actually left the maintenance man in my apartment to finish his work and I went off for good food and family:) Who would have thought?

The day of my sis' birthday she wanted to have mani/pedis. So my daughter and I met her at our usual place and there was a 2 hour WAIT. We ended up going to Garcia's for breakfast, having pedis at a new place and to the theater to watch the Minions movie. Too funny. I highly recommend it.

I got to connect with my Tio Tomas' twin daughters Elaine and Eileen. Genealogically speaking they are actually my 1st cousins once removed. First Elaine came over and we shared stories and family information. Julian's nickname was "plogas" because he always a piece of Days-O-Work Tobacco in his mouth. Tomas nickname was "cebolla". Anyway, she went home and called several of her out of state family. Her 73 year old nephew (Yes , nephew) sent her Tomas first wedding picture. What a treasure!! She told him, "Hi! it's Auntie (nickname not revealed)." So cute. Needless to say that pic got uploaded to Ancestry right away.I am so glad that she is in contact with her brothers and sisters

Tomas first twins were born in 1914 and named Tomas and Jose. Unfortunately they died at age 2 of dysentery.  Forty years later Elaine and Eileen were born:) Tomas was 67! He died in 1974. God blessed them with 20 years.
Eileen came down from Colorado to visit. We three spent 7 hours visiting and having dinner.
Who would have thought that 100 years from the birth of the first twins we would be sitting in Albuquerque sharing our memories and being thankful for Tio Tomas and Grandpa Julian's influence in our lives.

I talked with my cousin Lyd about her trip to South Africa. She got to see several wild animals in their natural habitat. Give me a zoo. And also how she was impacted by visiting an orphanage. So sad. The kids are all HIV positive. Their parents died of AIDS. Thank God for missionaries.

 Tomorrow is my daughter's birthday! We celebrated with a meat fest at Rudy's BBQ because she is now on her birthday trip:) Also bd for Elaine and Eileen. Plus Lyd's SO. Happy birthday ladies:)

Visited with other family members. I am truly blessed.

Thank you Lord for all the blessings You have showered on my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment