Tuesday, January 19, 2016

WAITING TO EXHALE--------


We've all been disappointed by others. And, we've also been a source of disappointment to others. Most of us don't do this intentionally. But often it is done intentionally. So when something good happens we breathe a sigh of relief.

Have I really been waiting to exhale? No. Who can hold their breath for 5 days?! Just wondering if I would let out a sigh of disappointment or a sigh of relief.

In this case---a sigh of relief and some surprise:) The last string is cut.

Dec 11, 2015--received a text from the ex that the refinance mortgage papers were at the underwriters. Loan should be final by end of year. YAY!!

Dec 28, 2015--received paperwork from insurance and current mortgage company. Looks like it's really happening:) But no closing as of yet. Was told by the ex "Mostly likely next week."

Dec 29, 2015--no word from finance co. Wonder if it's the Holidays?

Jan 5, 2016--received an email from ex marked URGENT. What? OH---refi co requiring some signatures and/or documents from me so that he could get mortgage in his name only!!! Could it finally be? YES!!

One of the documents "they" wanted me to sign was a Quit Claim Deed. Not happening. At least not until the closing day;)

Jan 6, 2016--I received an email from the Title and Abstract co in Deming requesting a Quit Claim Deed. Sent reply and told them same thing. Not happening. I would be there for the closing. Of course, I cc'd the ex.

Jan 8, 2016--received email from refi co. Closing date set for Tue Jan 12, 2016!! Made hotel reservations to be in Deming for this momentous occasion! Emailed friends to set up visit times as well. My doctor's office called and had to reschedule my appointment to Jan 19! Coincidence? Don't think so. God is definitely in control of this situation. And since we are expected to act on things we do have control over, I rescheduled my furniture to Jan 16.

Jan 11, 2016--arrived in Deming and touched base with friends and the ex.

Jan 12, 2016--show up at title co to sign documents. Thirty minutes later we're told that the refi co's system went down and the closing was rescheduled to the next day. Good thing I planned to stay an extra day, no? I wonder if the system went down because of so many people buying PowerBall tickets? I bought about $20.00 worth.

Jan 13, 2016--we signed the papers!!! Yes! There was some money coming out of the deal which the ex said he would half with me. That's when I started waiting to exhale;) After all, he had 3 business days to back out of the mortgage releasing me and cutting that final string. Mon was MLK Day pushing the date forward. Gave him a bank deposit slip so he could deposit the funds when the monies were scheduled to fund.

 That being today--Jan 19, 2016. I received a text from the ex stating the money had been deposited in my account. Checked the bank and emailed him back thanking him and wishing him a blessed life.
Adios. Wave, wave:)

Have I always been this cynical? Nope. Life experience has made me more cautious than ever. Get it in writing up front and in the company of witnesses:)

Out with the old, in with the new. I now have an apartment full of new furniture, am no longer bogged down by a mortgage and can embark on maybe kissing the Blarney Stone:)

I am seriously considering stopping this blog because it's no longer aptly named. And I hate to type. Plus I can devote more time to genealogy. Seems like a lot of people had their DNA done for Christmas and I have a myriad of family connections to explore.

Have days full of blessings. I know I will:)



No comments:

Post a Comment